Saturday 25 August 2012

The Hunt for Large Brilliant Shards


 I recently acquired the recipe Enchant Chest – Greater Stats and have all my eight alchemists pumping out Essence of Air so I need lots and lots of Large Brilliant Shards. They are around 40-45g each on my realm so I headed over to BRD.





Check on the rare spawn on the way in, and check again every dungeon reset. The spawn time is around 2-4 minutes.



Zone into BRD and use the abandoned mole machine at the entrance.

Shortcut to just past the grim guzzler, then jump down to Lord Incedius.

Kill Fineous Darkvire.

Next up is the vault, then Pyromancer Loregrain. Head over the arena area and move towards General Angerforge.

Then continue as normal to the last boss.

I try to loot everything I kill but will sometimes skip some mobs just to get through the run a little quicker.

Make sure to kill Plugger because he can drop nice transmog item.





 




From a run you can get Transmog items, GEE, Illusion Dust, Dream dust and BRD is a great place to get Black diamonds also. You will get 45-50 LBS per hour, a stack of illusion dust and Runecloth (which I use to turn into more illusion dust using tailoring/disenchanting)


Subscribe to the RSS Feed and join the conversation on Twitter @TheOvercut

12 comments:

  1. haha! I'm such a noob, I've only run through here 1 or 2 times in my whole wow playing time! I need LBS too so I guess I better start running it regularly! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i must have clocked over 150 runs in BRD in vanilla, everyone needed to do it as part of the Onyxia Chain of quests. It is my favourite instance, five man clearing it for the first time was one of my all time favourite moments in wow :)

      You can convert honour into LBS as well using the blue pvp cloaks but i've not been doing much pvp on my enchanter this expansion.

      Delete
  2. Just so everyone knows, you can't do this if you don't have Enchanting on your toon as you can't mail soulbound items to your alt. The toon you use must have enchanting as a profession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also have an enchanter in your party (regardless of location) and still get the option to disenchant.

      Best part is if you use the actual mole machine item instead of the one in the instance, when you zone in your start point will be the keg room. Then after a run you logout and log back in it resets the instance and sends you back to the keg room as your starting point. I think this only works when solo though. I used this trick on my enchanter tons to get quick mats, cloth, and chances at the fiery weapon enchant (pyromancer loregrain).

      Don't forget to grab Golemlord while nearby.

      Delete
  3. Do you really have eight alchemists?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah and hopefully one or two more before mop but any type of herb is non-existent on the Auction House currently so i'll have to get out there and farm some up.

      They are all transmute spec, it is nice to get 8-14 essence of air in under ten minutes every day.

      Delete
  4. I usually run UBRS for my LBS, seems that BRD may be quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I generally prefer UBRS as well, a lot of shards and the drops are generally a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My enchanter is also my skinner, so I queue up for a battleground and skin savage leather, and then I turn in all my honor at 55 each for large brilliant shards, or 220 each for cardinal ruby, or 190, 270 for me cause I am death knight for abyss crystalls, I buy the Wrathful Gladiator's Sigil of Strife for abyss crystals
    LBS = http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=cr=163:158;crs=14344:392;crv=0:0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cloaks are a great option if you are gaining a lot of honor on your enchanter however in terms of time per shard BRD > farming honor. Interesting idea on the abyss crystals : )

      if blizz nerfs the wotlk dust/essence requirements to level enchanting, prices may just stay at cata levels in MoP rather than go up.

      Delete
  8. I don't run BRD. I ran it and only got dream dust from that place. I do LBRS/UBRS for rune cloth/LBS and for illusion dusts. I get all cloths send them to my tailor, she makes Runecloth headband and I send them back to my disenchanter. With boutiful bags I get at times 5-8 Illusion dusts per 1 disenchant.

    On my server currently Illusion dusts go for 15g each! Large brilliant shards 100g each

    ReplyDelete